WOBURN, MA – June 1, 2010 – Axceler, the leader in administration software for Microsoft SharePoint, today announced the release of Davinci Migrator for SharePoint 2010, the first new product to be introduced as a result of its acquisition of echoTechnology (please see separate release). Davinci Migrator for SharePoint 2010 offers comprehensive risk-based control when moving to the latest SharePoint platform. Davinci Migrator reduces the risks, lowers the overall cost and shortens the time it takes to complete a SharePoint 2010 migration. By helping administrators with the discovery and planning of their migrations, Davinci Migrator delivers a unique feature set to the SharePoint market by reducing the number of failed migration iterations and shortening project schedules. Among the innovative features of Davinci Migrator are:
Read the rest of the press release on the Axceler site here
echo sponsors Community Launch event, SharePoint Saturday DC, and Sacramento User Group
SEATTLE, Wash. - May 11, 2010: echoTechnology is pleased to announce sponsorship and participation in several events celebrating the release-to-market of the SharePoint 2010 platform:
· SharePoint 2010 Community Launch. echoTechnology is a silver sponsor of this special event being held at the Nectar Lounge in Seattle on Wednesday, May 12th, from 4 to 10pm. Christian Buckley, echoTechnology Senior Product Manager and SharePoint Evangelist will co-host with Erica Toelle, Owen Allen, and Joel Oleson. Registration is free, but required to attend as space is limited. Drinks, food, and music provided by Decibel Festival. Music by DJ Alex Ruder [KEXP], Chris Govella, and J-Justice [Sun Tzu Sound / TRUST]. The event can be tracked on Twitter using #SPCLSEA
· SharePoint Saturday Washington DC. The #SPSDC event is looking to be the largest free SharePoint event on record, as these community-driven events continue to gain momentum. With over 80 speakers and more than 1500 attendees, it should be a memorable event. You can still register here. echoTechnology will be onsite with partner Axceler, and giving away a Zune HD during the raffle. Christian will be presenting on “Metadata Management in a Social Media World: Enabling Social Media through Metadata,” and floating around the event in-between sessions wearing one of the “Booth Babes” t-shirts, which should make him highly visible in the crowd.
· Sacramento SharePoint Users Group. On May 20th at 6pm, Christian will once again present on governance, metadata, and enabling social media in SharePoint 2010 at the Sacramento User Group meeting at the Maidu Center on metadata, governance, and enabling social media in SharePoint 2010. You can find more information on the event here.
WOBURN, MA – March 8, 2010 – Axceler, the leader in administration software for SharePoint, today announced a reseller agreement with echoTechnology, the recognized leader in Microsoft SharePoint migration products. Effective today, Axceler will sell echoTechnology's products worldwide.
As SharePoint adoption grows within enterprises, both migration and deployment challenges become critical. Organizations have to deal with product upgrades, business reorganizations, consolidations, and the general dynamic nature of an enterprise's collaborative needs. EchoTechnology helps organizations perform these SharePoint migrations, avoiding data loss and downtime. By giving administrators better control, echo ensures their migration will be reliable, secure and cost effective. Specifically, echoTechnology helps administrators manage the taxonomy, content, configurations, security settings, and the entire change management process. Echo also helps migrate content including workflows and web parts, and even migrations from fileshares. "Customers have repeatedly asked us for solutions to manage their migration and deployment of SharePoint," said Axceler President Michael Alden. "EchoTechnology stood out as the best SharePoint migration technology available and we are excited about the opportunity ahead.""Axceler has demonstrated great momentum with their award-winning product, ControlPoint for SharePoint administration," explained Garry Smith, echo's CEO. "Combined with echo's experience with major customers such as the US Marines, Toyota, and the UK Department of Health, Axceler can help bring much needed relief to SharePoint management."About AxcelerSince 1994, Axceler has helped enterprises address common yet critical administrative and development challenges, so organizations can maximize collaborative technology investments, improve business operations, and dramatically reduce administrative time and costs. Axceler develops ControlPoint, the award-winning product for SharePoint administration. For more information visit http://www.axceler.com About echoTechnologyEcho Technology is a leader in SharePoint migration, dramatically reducing the time and costs associated with moving to the latest versions of SharePoint. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, USA, echoTechnology is a private company with worldwide operations. For more information visit http://www.echotechnology.com ###Press Contacts: Ken AllenAxcelerken.email@example.com
New File Share Migration Product from echo Provides Powerful Capabilities for SharePoint
SEATTLE, Wash. - January 18, 2010: echoTechnology is pleased to announce the release of the echo FileLoader for SharePoint 2007, offering SharePoint administrators a powerful tool to quickly and easily identify, organize, and move content and folder structures from file shares into SharePoint 2007. With echo File Loader, administrators have flexibility and control over how content is moved from their file shares, with the ability to maintain, update, and transform their content, metadata, versioning, and folder structure.
According to CEO Garry Smith, “echoTechnology is liberating users from the tyranny of files shares” with the release of the echo FileLoader.
A premium version of the echo FileLoader is scheduled for release by the end of Q1, which will offer multi-threaded task management, support for SharePoint 2003, 2007 and 2010 environments, expanded content types, unlimited sites and rows, and more.
Additional SharePoint administration capability is available through the echo for SharePoint 2007 tool, allowing administrators to manage, migrate, load, and audit their SharePoint platform.
More details on the echo File Loader, including screenshots and documentation, can be found online at echoTechnology.com/Products. In addition, a video outlining core features and common user scenarios is available at http://www.echotechnology.com/videos/videos%20library/EFL%20User%20Scenarios.swf
The echo File Loader must be installed on a SharePoint or WSS front end web server. In addition, users must have administrative privileges on the front end server to use the application. Trials are restricted to making 100 file loads to a portal and are limited to 30 days. To download a trial version of the echo File Loader for SharePoint 2007, please visit http://www.echotechnology.com/registration/Trial.aspx?PID=16&AID=0
SEATTLE, Wash. - December 14, 2009: As part of a broader marketing strategy to promote the 'echo for SharePoint' platform, Seattle-based echoTechnology is making available today two new videos for their flagship product: "Managing Web Parts in SharePoint Using echo for SharePoint 2007" and "Deploying Workflows to SharePoint using echo for SharePoint 2007." The videos provide comprehensive instructions on navigating SharePoint using the echo platform, and highlight the use of a centralized blueprint website to manage workflows and web parts as a SharePoint best practice.
In addition to the release of these new videos, echoTechnology has announced a number of marketing activities this week, including the launch of a social media strategy that includes a YouTube commercial for the Outlook PowerTool Plus. You can view the spot on echo's YouTube channel.
echoTechnology Launches Social Media Strategy
Plans to Improve Customer and Partner Outreach and Communication
SEATTLE, Wash. - December 14, 2009: echoTechnology has announced today a social media marketing strategy to promote the 'echo for SharePoint' platform and in preparation for the company's SharePoint 2010 release, code named "Davinci." The Davinci release is scheduled for spring, in alignment with Microsoft's published SharePoint 2010 RTM dates. The purpose of this social media strategy is to allow customers and partners to better connect with echo.
The strategy includes the following components:
· New company blog at www.echo4sharepoint.comThis site will feed into echo's corporate website, and will become the primary media relations center for the company.
· Profile on Twitter @echo4sharepointA tool for real-time communication with echo customers and partners, allowing echo to quickly disseminate news, provide information on product updates, and demonstrate SharePoint expertise.
· Fan page on FacebookAs the internet's most visited social network, this new site will provide a great platform to continue the dialog with echo customers and partners.
· Video channel on YouTubeAnother distribution outlet for videos of echo's free tools and the echo for SharePoint platform.
echoTechnology Announces New Customer Wins
Echo for SharePoint Platform Continues to Demonstrate Improved SharePoint Experience
SEATTLE, Wash. - December 14, 2009: echoTechnology has announced several major customer wins, including the Defense Information Systems Agency and Hartford Insurance Group. These companies have purchased echo for SharePoint to manage their SharePoint portal deployment and governance activities.
· Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) is a Combat Support Agency, engineers and provides command and control capabilities and enterprise infrastructure to continuously operate and assure a global net-centric enterprise in direct support to joint warfighters, National level leaders, and other mission and coalition partners across the full spectrum of operations. DISA is based in Arlington, VA and fort Meade, MD.
· The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc. (NYSE: HIG), is a Fortune 500 company and one of America’s largest investment and insurance companies. They are a leading provider of investment products, life insurance and group benefits; automobile and homeowners products; and business property and casualty insurance. They are based in Hartford, CT.
echoTechnology Hires New Senior PM
Former Microsoft Employee Joins echoTechnology as Technical Product Manager
SEATTLE, Wash. - December 14, 2009: echoTechnology is pleased to announce the hiring of Christian Buckley, our new Technical Product Manager. Christian joins echo most recently from Microsoft Corporation in Redmond, where he was part of the team that developed the hosted enterprise SharePoint platform, formerly known as Microsoft Managed Services (now known as BPOS-D, or Business Productivity Online Services-Dedicated). He also managed an engineering and PM team in advertising operations for 2 years, and has spent the past 18 years leading various program, product, and professional services teams.
Christian's background includes many consulting and entrepreneurial roles, including a Senior Product Management role at E2open, where he helped design and deliver a SharePoint-like collaboration platform for the high-tech manufacturing sector. He has co-authored three books on IBM Rational Software's configuration management and defect tracking platforms, published numerous technical and management-related articles, and actively blogs at http://www.buckleyplanet.net and http://www.echo4sharepoint.com
In addition to product management and marketing responsibilities, Christian will help program manage development activities around echo’s Davinci launch next spring (in alignment with the SharePoint 2010 RTM).
echoTechnology Launches Free Outlook PowerTool Plus for SharePoint
Free Tool Improves SharePoint Experience for Admins and Developers
SEATTLE, Wash. - December 14, 2009: echoTechnology has announced the release of a new free tool for SharePoint -- Outlook PowerTool Plus. Outlook PowerTool Plus improves the SharePoint experience for administrators and developers by providing multi-document and multi-line item capability across a site collection. The product is available for free download here.
Features included in this release include:
· Moving multiple files or line items
· Copying multiple files or line items
· Deleting multiple files or line items
· Sending links for multiple files or line items by email
· Sending attachments for multiple files or line items by email
· Copying links for multiple files or line items to be pasted into documents or forms
· Check in and Check out multiple files or line items
Videos and documentation are available to walk users through each of these scenarios:
Learn more about Microsoft's Fastest Growing Product of All Time.
What business problems are companies solving with SharePoint solutions.
How are SharePoint solutions positively impacting real world bottom lines.
Discover products on the marketplace that expand SharePoint functionality and contribute to operating efficiencies and effectiveness.
Meet with vendors in the Exhibit Hall -- See their products.
IMAGINE how SharePoint can be deployed in your organization
The day will feature a special guest speaker who will talk about his company's SharePoint vision including remarks about how SharePoint applications impact the bottom line.SPACE IS LIMITED. PLEASE REGISTER EARLY.Register NOW and mark your calendar for this FREE event.For more information contact:
IMPACT Management(516) 495-1300, ext. 308www.impactmgmt.com
Microsoft NYC Center1290 Avenue of the Americas6th FloorNew York City, NY 10104
Wednesday, January 21, 20099:00am - 3:30pm(Registration & Breakfast 8:30am) Breakfast and Lunch Served
We are very pleased to announce the hiring of Rob Svilpa, our new echo for SharePoint Program Manager.
Rob spent over 10 years working as a Software Design Engineer in the Microsoft Visual Studio Developer Division in Redmond. He is also a certified Agile Scrum Master. He brings a wealth of great technical know-how, expert product development process knowledge, and deep familiarity with the Microsoft technology stack.
Rob will be fully responsible for the echo development roadmap, requirements triaging, project management, QA, support and testing outcomes for echo for SharePoint.
In honour of the Beijing games we thought we would create a new event, the SharePoint World Record Dash. The goal is to update a blank Team Site to include a whole new look, layout, and content, in the shortest possible time.
We're using a preset echo for SharePoint batch to run the series of changes on one site, and Adobe Captivate to film the results - we awarded ourselves the broadcast rights!
The changes are:
echo will use the SharePoint object model to make these changes, just as if I'd done them all by hand via the browser.
In this video we're only updating one site but in our weekly webinars we show how easy it is to make identical changes in development, testing, production environments, on local or remote farms, and to multiple site collections and subsites.
Without futher ado, here's the link to the SharePoint World Record Dash Video.
Nick Kellett from Planet MOSS sits down and discusses echo for SharePoint with echoTechnology's Technical Evangelist, Stephen Cummins. Read the interview here: http://planetmoss.blogspot.com/2007/07/after-wednesdays-live-echo-for.html
Copyright © 2007 echoTechnology